Get Off to A Running Start with a 1 Day GDPR Essentials course
Do you want to know how GDPR will affect your business? Would you like to understand the expectations GDPR places on your business? Are you struggling to figure out where to start your compliance journey? Are you afraid of getting it wrong? Would you like to know how to get it right? Then this course is tailor made for you.
The course provides a short, focussed overview of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), with particular emphasis on the expectations GDPR places on your business. With implications for GDPR on everyone’s mind, the course captures the key elements of GDPR and helps you understand your risk exposure as well as where to start your compliance journey.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the key aspects of GDPR
- Explain the expectations GDPR places on their organisation
- Explain the risk exposure faced by their organisation
- Identify personal and sensitive data within their organisation
- List the legal basis available to organisations for capture of personal data
- Explain the consumer Data Protection rights under GDPR
- Describe their organisations obligations to deliver these GDPR rights
- Describe the importance governance plays in compliance
- Explain the need for appropriate Information Security
- Explain the need for appropriate staff access control to sensitive data
- Explain the need for secure and timely destruction of sensitive data
- Describe how to structure their business’ GDPR compliance work
- Describe what is needed to maintain ongoing compliance
- Understand commonly used GDPR terms and language
The target audience for this course is mid to senior management, who are considering their business’ approach to GDPR compliance.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
To maximise the benefit from the course, participants should have a good working knowledge of their organisation, and in particular the type of data processing done within their organisation.
Course Duration & Class Size
This is a 1 day course and the maximum number of participants is 16.
This course is run as an Instructor Led Training with facilitated discussions in a class room environment.
- GDPR Overview – What is GDPR? What is Personal Data?
- Knowing the Data You Store & Where You Store It
- Securing Your Data
- Who Can Access Your Data?
- Data Lifecycle
- Consent and Other Legal Basis To Capture Data
- Risk Management in Your Business
- GDPR Consumer Rights
- Ongoing Compliance
- Steps to Compliance